Natasha

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Amateur Sonneteer Project

"Why must we waste food?"

Why must we waste food?
When others cannot eat,
It’s not about being rude
It’s about standing on two feet.
--------------------------------------------
I never waste my food you see;
Food is lost but can’t be found
For many others it’s not plenty,
Not even if you look under ground!
--------------------------------------------
But why not share our eats with them?
Don’t be so selfish to throw it away
We are all alike like a branch and a stem,
I’m not trying to recite a cliché.
--------------------------------------------
Our food is great and plentiful.
So eat your food, don’t be a fool.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger D a n a said…

    Excellent Sonnet. I like the subject. I get so angry when people waste food.

    I feel really guilty when I have to throw food out -- moldy bread even. It makes me feel greedy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home